Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Carpet Bomb

 I have a lively 10-month-old son. He is constantly hungry and always on the run (crawl). As I mentioned in an earlier post, he spends most of his time in one room which is the family room or den. Whatever you would like to call it. It is where we play, watch TV and just hang out.

So, like I said, he is always hungry and into everything which mean that there are Cheerios, puffs and whatever else baby hands can get a hold of, everywhere. By everywhere, I mean mostly in the carpet. The mostly-white carpet:
So I think I need an area rug to both camouflage the mess that is only going to grow with a burgeoning toddler as well as add some color to my rather large, rather TAN room. This is the wall color:

And I have a large sectional that looks like this: 

 
But is this color:

So to summarize, tan, tan and... tan:
 Yes- I need to liven up this palette and do so on a budget. I have been scoping out some discount stores and other avenues trying to find something that will suit my needs and tastes.
At first pass, I found these three options:

I can continue to go with the existing color palette:
 I could integrate the existing colors and add some pops of bolder colors that do not yet exist in the room:
 Or I can throw caution to the wind and go really bold. I could see this as a fun family room option. I could add throw pillows in blue, green and orange that would replace the color-matched throws that came with my couch:
                                       
There are other options out there that I like more, design wise, but the family room is pretty casual and has these existing large tan areas I must work with... the hunt is on!

Oh and if you are wondering what happened with the pantry- no progress yet. I had a busy Valentine's Day weekend. I'll see if I can give it a go this weekend.


1 comment:

Unknown said...

I LOVE the last area rug with the coordinating throw pillows! Such a great idea and will completely change the look and feel of the room. However, we've met and you know I have ZERO fashion or design sense, so take that with a grain of salt.