Friday, April 29, 2011

Bed Head

Keeping in the bedroom theme of the last post , is my bedroom design conundrum. About two years ago, I bought a very nice bedroom set. I was really excited to be buying "big girl" furniture. I shopped for months and finally found something I loved because of the design and quality.

However, it kind of stopped there. I found out I was going to be a mommy and then there has been the whole raising a new baby thing for the last year. I love my furniture, but my room design is lacking (har har).

This is my bed (not my bedding though). My wall color in my bedroom is a soft green and since green is my favorite color, I think I will leave it that way.

My bedding is cream colored with stylized ocean items like seaweed and shells embroidered in the same color making it monochromatic but with some texture.

I have a matching dresser, gentleman's chest and end tables. There were several options for the endtables in the furniture collection. I chose this one because it was functional yet airy with open space for the wall color to show through:


Oh- those end tables. I have been searching for lamps to grace their surface for just about as long as I have had the furniture. I know I want an off white or cream shade in a clean style like a barrel or modern taper. I think a brushed nickel base would work with the furniture's hardware and would be neutral. Here's the sticking point- I would prefer my lamps to be unique and have some weight and substance. The only decorative items I have in the room are these oceanic totum things like this:

I may actually have too many. I got them before the furniture. I have two or three then some coordinating candlesticks. Along with my bedding, I guess you could say I have a minimalist ocean/sea theme. So why not go with something like this?:


Though it fits the requirements, I am not entirely sure I want to be so married to a theme with a big-ticket item. My boyfriend would prefer something more traditional:


I am not sure this style has the right amount of "uniqueness" for me. So, my hunt is still on.

... to be continued

No comments: