Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Clutterbug- Does it have you?


Photo Credit

The clutterbug is an increasingly common affliction. Really-check your cable stations sometime. There are no fewer than four or five that I can think of off the top of my head right now. Some are helpful (this is what you could do to fix your problem), some are for profit (we will help you sell your masses of clutter!) and others are exposè or intervention style (this mess is your addiction).

Regardless of the way it is presented, it is a problem. I have a touch of it myself (no, that is not one of my rooms pictured) and with each generation it seems to be better. My mom is worse than I, her mother was worse than she and so on. I hope that this is due to lessons-learned and not age or I will be in some serious trouble later on down the road. Or not. Because I really am aware of it and I don't have an emotional attachment to most of the stuff that is occupying the corners of my garage and closets. It is more not wanting to dedicate my precious time to the issues.

I mentioned the issue with my garage and dining room in an early post and I have worked to rectify the problems, they have been reduced but not conquered. Now that I have a break between birthdays and holiday entertaining, I know I need to attack these issues again before they rebound.

You see, that is the nature of the clutterbug. You may think you cured it, or you have fought it back into remission, but once you start to ignore it, it comes back with a vengeance.

1 comment:

Melissah said...

I just discovered your lovely blog. I'm just new into blogging this year & have just finished off my own blog on fashion, food, travel & interior design.
http://scrapbook-melissah.blogspot.com/
I had a lot of fun putting it together maybe you would like to check it out if you have a spare minute.
x
Melissah